Gallery Opening

             I recently attending the Gallery Opening on Thursday, November 9th. The gallery presented Jim Condron's exhibit called Picking Up the Pieces. I found this exhibit to be really interesting. I thought it was cool that he was able to use everyday items, such as money, yarn, cotton etc. to create pieces of artwork that could evoke certain emotions. In one piece that stood out to me, he used fake vampire teeth.
           


            I found this piece to be very interesting. I like the fact that the artist used plastic blow up balls as the base of the sculpture. He also used different analysis color schemes on each ball. For example, the first ball was different shades of blue, while the second one was yellow and red. This created contrast within the piece. The sculpture made me feel a sense of playfulness for the bright colors and the fact that the balls reminded me of trips to the beach during my childhood. 

           Over all, I found it very interesting that the artist was able to test the limit of the materials he used to create different works of art, that reflected aspects of his life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Postmodernism Project

Whitescapes